Association for
Professionals in Aging

Does your agency have any current needs? Please share so that APA members can help.

• Tuesday, March 24, 2020 9:58 AM
    Message # 8853610
    Anonymous member (Administrator)

Do you need volunteers?

Do you need supplies?

What are your other needs?

• Tuesday, March 24, 2020 2:29 PM
    Reply # 8854253 on 8853610
    Anonymous

I just came across the following website which might be valuable to find supplies.  Check it out and let us know if it helps.

www.projectn95.com

Betsy

• Tuesday, March 24, 2020 3:23 PM
    Reply # 8854327 on 8853610

Visiting Angels is open for business serving our clients on the west side of Cincinnati.  Our greatest need is to find masks!  We cannot service our clients in facilities unless our caregivers provide their own masks, and, I have been unable to get any anywhere.  We have a 24/7 case and need 14 masks to cover the shifts for the week.

I did submit to the web site included in the email and will wait for a response.

• Tuesday, March 31, 2020 10:55 AM
    Reply # 8869824 on 8853610

From the Council on Aging website:

Council on Aging is receiving an increase in calls from seniors in our community who are anxious and in need. They are afraid to leave their homes to get food and other essential supplies and they are turning to us for help. The greatest need for our seniors at this time is food and you or your organization can help.

We are seeking corporate and individual donors to help us put meals in the hands of seniors who are afraid to leave their homes – and who are being advised NOT to go out unnecessarily at this time. Donations are tax-deductible. A $50 donation will provide a 14-day shelf-stable meal box to a senior in need.

Supplies for Home Care Workers

The home care workers who provide essential services to homebound seniors in our region require masks and gloves in order to provide care. The agencies in our provider network who employ these workers are running low or are completely out of latex/medical gloves and masks. If you have any unopened boxes of gloves or unused masks that you would like to donate, please email covid19volunteers@help4seniors.org.

Essential Personal Care Items

We are also hearing from seniors that they are running out of essential personal care supplies. Therefore, we've partnered with Frame USA and its charity initiative FilltheTruck.org to collect items to be distributed to seniors in our region in need.

We are aiming to collect enough supplies to give 7,500 individuals in our region a four-pack of toilet paper and household and personal items to help them through the crisis. Donations will be accepted through April 30, 2020.

There are several ways donors may help us achieve this goal:

1. Visit www.fillthetruck.org to purchase items directly on the website. Purchasing is simple and includes items that cost as little as $1.00.

2. Make a cash donation at www.fillthetruck.org and we will purchase items on your behalf.

3. Drop off items (see a list of needed items below) at one of these locations:

Frame USA Inc.
    225 Northland Blvd, Springdale, OH 45246
    Monday-Saturday, 9 am-5 pm

Lakota Hills Baptist Church
    6900 Tylersville Rd., West Chester, OH 45069
    Monday-Thursday, 9 am-4 pm; Friday, 9 am-Noon; and Sunday, 9:30-10:30 am

St. James of the Valley
    411 Springfield Pike, Cincinnati, OH 45215
    Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, 9 am-1 pm

Personal care items needed by seniors are listed below. Items must be unused and in unopened packages.

• Toilet Paper
    • Hand Sanitizer
    • Bar Soap
    • Liquid Soap
    • Antibacterial Wipes
    • Denture Care Items
    • Toothpaste
    • Lysol Spray
    • Dish Detergent
    • Laundry Detergent
    • Tissues
    • Cat and Dog Food
  • Tuesday, March 31, 2020 5:21 PM
    Reply # 8870882 on 8853610
    Anonymous

As a Realtor who specializes in working with Seniors, my particular business is in an unprecedented limbo.  I am taking advantage of this time to take classes on-line to add a Kentucky real estate license to my current Ohio license of 21 years. I've been taking on-line classes to serve my medical and professional relocation clients, and even grabbing a few webinars on technology.  I do have a few active clients as well, and showing homes has become an interesting production. 

What can I do to help serve any of you?

• Thursday, April 16, 2020 1:49 PM
    Reply # 8904343 on 8853610

I am searching for disposable gowns.  If anyone has a resource I would greatly appreciate it!  We have a resident that is waiting to move into Mimi's House from a rehab facility, but she has C-Diff and we do not have gowns to protect our caregivers so I cannot  accept her.  Ideally I would like to have 90 gowns to cover 1 gown/per each of 3 caregivers/24 hour shift for 30 days.  Any leads would be appreciated! Thank you! Janet

• Thursday, July 09, 2020 10:05 PM
    Reply # 9092063 on 8853610
    Anonymous

New to the group!  My name is Marianne and I own OnlineTechLessons.com where I teach senior citizens to use technology.  I also just launched a new online magazine for seniors at www.TheHipSenior.com .  Would love to meet people who can help introduce me to people in senior homes/groups/centers that would be willing to send my magazine out to their residents/members.

I also have a degree in Digital Marketing and Communication with an emphasis in social media.  If anyone needs any help, feel free to ask.  Looking forward to being part of this group!

1 file

© 2024 Tristate APA
Association for Professionals in Aging, 7672 Montgomery Road, Suite 181, Cincinnati, OH 45236
 info@tristateapa.com

PRIVACY POLICY